Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The woman in black / Review

"During afternoon tea, there's a shift in the air, a bone treambling chill, that tells you she' there..."

This is the first book that i read in the year, anticipating the movie. And i have to say, even when i know that movies can be quite different from the original story, sometime the result is really good.
The Woman in Black movie was a really good movie -still can watch it at night since i'm afraid of my own bedroom with the tinny porcelaine dolls- but like usually the book was so much better than the movie in some aspects. Daniel's performance was really good, the only problem was that everytime i was thinking do a patronus or a lumos in the dark and most scary parts (yeah i'm kind of dork)
I'm not going to tell you them since maybe you are interesting on reading the book, but the only thing i could say is that the end is totally different, and the story itself is quite different.
I love the tinny poem in the trailer, but you would never read it or see it not in the book or the movie.
Anyway, hope your week is going well.
Did you celebrate the Autumn Equinox?
I love Autumn, but i'm not a huge fan of rain, and it's been raining like crazy here :(

5 comments:

  1. I've seen both the play and the movie and I loved them both. They are just spooky and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't see the play, but i read it was really great.
      Checking your blog and i simply love your kitty, so cute!

      Delete
  2. I saw the movie a month ago! And it scvery ared me to my bone! Worth it though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and the book is even worst :)

      Delete
    2. By the way I'm checking your blog, and now i'm following you on blogloving, you have amazing pictures

      Delete

follow me on

quote of the month

quote of the month

Share some Love