Saturday, January 5, 2013

Angel Kiss / Book Review

Hello my darlings

I came today to share with you the first book that i read in this 2013, it was my last purchase of 2012, and of course it was a kindle edition.
First let me tell you this, I started to follow the blog of Laura Jane Cassidy almost since it beginning. It was a new blog about the writing world, and honestly i thought it was very cleaver, since i always love to read about how authors keep the inspiration going, their little manias and so on.
Laura started her blog to share her adventures since she decided to publish her first novel: Angel Kiss, she wrote about her process, her inspirational board, and a very helpful articles about writing. I loved the post that she wrote when finally she signed with an agent and a publishing house. It's been a whole journey, and now she's in her deadline for her third novel (which i hope is the sequel of Angel Kiss and Eighteen Kisses). But let's get back to the point. I followed her blog and i've been dying to read her novels for a very long time,  and finally, in new years eve, i bought Angel Kiss.
Of course it would be madness if i started to read the book that day, since it was a celebration day, so instead, i waited for the next day.
After i made my resolutions and post them here, after i spent a quality time with my mom, my cats and my dog, i decided that it was time to do the activity that i love the most in the world, what an amazing way to finish the first day of the year, don't you think?
Anyway, I started the book, and when i realize it was 4am, and i had to force myself to leave the book and go to bed :/
The next day i woke up pretty late (11am) and after cleaning myself (and put another pjs) a came back to the book. Thank God my mom wasn't there, so i could read for an hour and a half before she arrived. After lunch, she felt to sleep, (again thank god) and i was able to came back to my reading, and hour later i finish it, and i have to say that i had that weird feeling, the feeling when you finish a really great book and you want to read more and more and more, and know what is going to happen with the characters, what new stories and adventures they are going to experience.
Now I have to wait till pay day for buy the second part, Eighteen Kisses and read more about Jacki and Colin and Nick :)
So here is the synopsis :

Jacki King is fifteen and adjusting to her new life in a small village. She’s missing Dublin but she’s making new friends: artistic Colin, feisty Emily – and Nick, gorgeous yet unavailable. But no sooner is Jacki settled than the torturous headaches and nightmares begin – followed by strange visions, voices and signs… Jacki refuses to believe that something paranormal is happening. But then she discovers the unsolved murder that occurred in the village years before...

If you want to read more about them here is the first chapter, if you like supernatural, young adult stories :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

follow me on

quote of the month

quote of the month

Share some Love