Friday, March 29, 2013

Tuna Casserole

Hello sunshines!

Well is not a secret that one of the things that i enjoy the most is eat :) but who doesn't, right? and since i love food, is not a surprise the i enjoy making it.
But i'm going to be completely honest, you're not going to find any pretty food picture here since 1) my kitchen is really dark, 2) i take pics with my 4th generation ipod when i'm in the kitchen because is the one which has a case not like the 5th, and 3) because when i'm cooking usually i don't stop to think "oh i'm going to take a pic of the process so you could see how pretty it looks!
Cooking is not so pretty, sometimes is messy and when you see all those pretty pics is because someone else is taking the pictures, not the one who is actually is cooking.
That said, I tried my hard to share with you this, in part because i felt guilty for reading to much and practically abandoned my blog (ok that was melodramatic :))
I don't know what's the big deal with this recipe, but for some reason my mom loves it, I tried to teach her how to do it, but it always turns quite different when she does it. I guess she uses other ingredients, or makes something wrong during the process.
Anyway, the first thing about the tuna casserole is that there are no rules about the quantity, you have to calculate it according with ingredients, if you're going to use more potato, use more garlic and onion. As simple as that.
For this in particular i used:
3 tomatoes
6 potatoes
3 tuna canes drained
garlic
onion
olive oil
olives
1 small can of chilies (the ones that came with carrots and vinegar)
salt
soya sauce
A big casserole in the stove :)
First peal the garlic and put enough olive oil in a hot casserole, then cut a small piece of onion
 Chop as little as you can the onion and the garlic and add them to the casserole when the oil very liquid.
 I know some people don't like the skin, but believe me, in this case is better to let the potatoes skin, but if you really can help it peal them.
Cut the potatoes in small cubes and add them to the casserole.
The tomato situation is the same, i prefer leave the skin but my mom doesn't like it very much so i peal them

 Cut the tomatoes as fine as you can and don't forget to check the potatoes from time to time. At this point the color of the must change a little bit, they are still raw but that's ok.
Drain the tuna cans, and don't forget gave a little bit to the pretty cat :)
Time to add the tuna, salt, and the soja sauce, the quantity like i said is after you but look the picture below to see how much i used. 
Drain the olives and add them too.
I add a little bit of the vinegar from the chilies to the casserole but just a little bit, the rest i drained and add the chilies and the tomatoes.
I turn the flame low and put something to cover the casserole (I didn't find the lid) and i left it for 10 or 15 mins, obviously i check it two or three time because i don't want it get burn, but once the potatoes are soft, your casserole is ready :)

I didn't take a picture of the tuna casserole in a pretty plate since once was ready i forgot about the pictures and just ate it as happily as i made it :)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. When I was reading all the ingredients I could not even have imagined what this was going to turn out to be, but that is when food tastes the best, when it has tons of different flavors:)

    When Mine Became Ours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I love mix different flavors :)

      Delete

follow me on

quote of the month

quote of the month

Share some Love