Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children / Book Review

Hello there!
I just finished two great books in this week, but i'm going to review one today and the other next week. I must say in my defense that the weather is the one to blame. It's a little cold in here (ok not as cold like places with snow, but for Sunny Hell, well, let's just say it's cold), and what's better than cuddle in bed with a huge mug of coffee and a good book (or in my case the old kindle)?
So the last couple of days that's what i've been doing, read and read. But let us back to businesss
Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children, have you read it? Well if not, let me tell you a few things about this book.
A horrific family tragedy sends Jacob 16 to a remote island off Wales, to the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, where he finds unusual old photographs. The children, one his grandfather, were more than peculiar, perhaps dangerous, quarantined for good reason - and maybe still alive.

When i see the cover of this book for the first time, i'm not going to lie, it kind of freaked me out, it's just a little girl you must say, but she's levitating, and there's something a little bit creepy in old pictures, the people always look so serious, am I right? not the cheerful pictures we see nowadays, but at the same time, old pictures have their beauty.
This book is full of them, creepy pictures that are showed up according to the story. Each one of them represent the peculiar kids that live in Miss Peregrine's home.
The story itself, it's a little more different than what you could expect. The description said that the children could be dangerous, quarantined for good reason, which could lead you to think they are evil, and with the pictures you must think "Children of the Corn new generation", but it's quite the contrary. The kids with all their peculiarities are amazing characters with really sad stories behind them, stories that i would love to read more about it.
The main character, Jacob, is the kind of character that even when you're not going to madly love, it's a good companion thought the story.
So if you're looking for a good story with amazing pictures, i highly recommend this book.
And a little confession here, one of the pictures really scared me, i was reading the book at 3am so you must understand.
And here you have a few of my favorites and another confession, i want pictures like these ones, so probably i'm going to add a little bit of weirdness to my 365 project:










2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I'd totally be spooked by the front cover too (and the creepy pic with the two children on the chair!) if I was reading at any time, let alone 3am!!

    Thank you for the comment on today's post, Dulce, I'm so pleased you are enjoying my blog and it's so sweet what you said about it making you happy! I'll be sure to follow your 100 Happy Days journey on instagram!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm following your journey too :)

      Delete

follow me on

quote of the month

quote of the month

Share some Love