Monday, March 24, 2014

Moonrise Kingdom / Movie Review

Nostalgic, that's the word that came to my mind when I think about Moonrise Kingdom. did you see it? do you know about it?, do you like it?
Probably you already know about this movie. I remember the first time I read about it, it was in Veronica's Varlow blog, her post was title "Why I cried in the dark" and it was a beautiful reflection of how our life changed thanks to the internet.
Anyway, i was curious about the movie, but most of the time even when i love movies so much, i don't know what's in the theaters currently. I'm not the type who check the news papers to read the billboards. So of course, I forgot about the movie.
Just a couple of weeks ago, it came back to me. It's like a sign, you know, like when you keep looking something over and over wherever you go. Well, the same happened here. I can't recall correctly where I read or see pictures of the movie, but three times happened that week. So finally i decided to rent it, and watched, and cried, and feel happy, because with all honesty, it was the best movie I saw this year, and probably would become my second favorite movie -after Amelie- and probably i'm going to watch it hundreds of times.


"Set on an island off the coast of New England in the summer of 1965, two twelve-year-olds fall in love, make a secret pact, and run away together into the wilderness. As various authorities try to hunt them down, a violent storm is brewing off-shore -- and the peaceful island community is turned upside down in more ways than anyone can handle"



An innocent, love story, but it's so much more, it's adventure, exploration, travel, and determination. It's friendship, even when it doesn't started that way. It's sadness and happiness, and find the good in terrible situations.

Which let me thinking, ok, i wasn't a sixties kid, but i was born when tapes were a huge thing, when you spend hours making mixtapes from your father's old record collection. I had a childhood in which taking film pictures was a big deal, and i'm totally in love with the idea of still been able to do that.
A time when you played with plastic phones, not cell phones. 
With the old record player, and the old walkman, and then the old discman.

I was born as a member of the nostalgic generation, and this movie my friends, brought back so many feelings for me, so many memories, that i treasure, as i'm going to treasure this movie.

If you didn't see it before, I highly recommend it to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

follow me on

quote of the month

quote of the month

Share some Love