Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Fortunately, the Milk / Book Review

I know, I know, a children's book, but I don't care, Mr. Neil Gaiman is a genius and once more, he made a wonderful book and very enjoyable.

"I bought the milk," said my father. "I walked out of the corner shop, and heard a noise like this: T h u m m t h u m m. I looked up and saw a huge silver disc hovering in the air above Marshall Road."

"Hullo," I said to myself. "That's not something you see every day. And then something odd happened."

Find out just how odd things get in this hilarious story of time travel and breakfast cereal, expertly told by Newbery Medalist and bestselling author Neil Gaiman and illustrated by Skottie Young"

The illustrations of Skottie Young are simply perfect for this book, and the story has so many elements that kids would enjoy it, same as the adults that read it.
What I loved even more about the book, is that in most of the stories is always the mom -as in real life- who has an important role in the life of the kids. Fortunately, the Milk is all about the father, and his remarkable imagination. 
Highly recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

follow me on

quote of the month

quote of the month

Share some Love