Monday, April 7, 2014

Mama / Movie Review

OMG did you see Game of Thrones last night? I'm still trying to recover, but not spoilers here, but since I'm celebrating a new season of my favorite show, and been able see once more the love of my life (Jaime Lannister aka Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), today I'm going to share with you another movie, but first let me tell you a little bit more.
Two weeks ago I was at home, mommy dearest just arrived from work, and while she was making I don't know what at the kitchen, I started to look what we could watch -yes, I'm in charge of the remote-. And suddenly I read the summary of a movie that was about to start: Mama. I can't recall the exact words, but it was something like an uncle looking for his nieces who disappeared with their dad after the death of their mother.

Of course reading something like that you think, well, it's kind of drama, and I remember telling my mom something like that. Oh no, I couldn't be more wrong!



So of course, the other main reason to watch the movie was Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, I was so happy until the beginning of the movie, where he play the "father" role and suddenly when he's about to do something terrible to the little girl, he...let us say he disappear.
Then the movie take you to a couple of years later, and once again, sexy-awesome Nikolaj appeared with another character, uncle Lucas. He's in love with a bassist who doesn't want a change of life involving kids, but is willing to do everything for him, since he's still looking to his nieces, and even hired people to search them.
So the girls are found, but they are wild, and of course they don't talk, the small one specially since she was too young when they were left in the cabin where they stayed. Victoria on the other hand, was a little older and when she saw her uncle she called him "daddy" since they were twins.
Thanks to the help of a doctor who wants to study the case more closely Lucas got the custody of the girls, and try to help them.

 But things are not exactly like they look like, since the girls weren't alone during all those years.





I would classify the movie as a scary one, but suspense instead since there are moments in which my mom screamed, and I'm not going to deny it, my hands were sweaty. So if you like suspense-not-so-scary kind of movies with a touch of fantastic creatures like the pan's labyrinth and handsome man like Nikolaj, well this is a good choice for a calm saturday.
Hope you had a great weekend, and enjoy this week!  

6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I am definitely not a fan of scary movies! And if you were scared then I'm definitely not seeing it!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I've seen this movie, and it really disturbed me, haha. Never again!

    I haven't seen the new episode of G.o.T. but I have the theme song stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would see that movie thousand times just for Nikolaj lol
      That theme is playing constantly in my mind!

      Delete

follow me on

quote of the month

quote of the month

Share some Love