Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Complaint Free World

Well, I'm not exactly a huge fan of this kind of books, in fact, I'm not a fan at all. But since we are working in a program at school, and our coach left as a homework to read it, i did it.


I decided not to share the description in Goodreads since it looked more a propaganda than anything else, so instead I'm going to share a little bit more about my experience reading it, but before let me tell you what the book is about.
The main idea of the book is that for 21 days, you're not going to complain about anything, and I mean anything at all. You are going to reserve you evil and your negative thoughts for yourself, and instead thing positive and good thoughts. The book says that when you talk only the negative way, you attract more of that. Kind of like "The Secret" and its attraction law.
Well, the book also said that during those 21 days you are not going to criticize others, or gossip about them. And to help you during those 21 days, you have to wear a bracelet or something similar, so every single time you caught yourself complaining of criticizing, you must change the bracelet from one hand to the other and start over.
During the book to there are testimonies of people who did the challenge and how their life changed. Same as the stories the author share.
I gave it three stars because like I said I didn't love the book, it's simply not my kind of book, but if I have to be honest, there were a few moments and a particular story that really touch my heart.
The idea of not complaining sounds appealing to me, since I'm surrounding for people who constantly complaint about the most stupid things, and I caught myself doing the same. I know who challenging it would be, and believe it or not, I'm willing to do it.
It's not only complaining, I mean, we all see the bad in others, so why do we waste so much energy in others while we could use all those thoughts in something more productive and happy. 
So I decided to do it, for 21 days, I'm going to work not only in the challenge, but in be a better person. I'm going to surround myself with happy people, people who see the good things instead of the bad, people who are not only full of bitterness and envy. Maybe this way I'm going to attract only good things to myself. 
I'm going to start the challenge next Saturday, June 14th. We'll see how this goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

follow me on

quote of the month

quote of the month

Share some Love