Monday, October 6, 2014

The Secret Garden / Book Review

Hey guys, hope you had an amazing weekend, I'm starting this week with one of my favorite books of all times, The Secret Garden. Usually I post a review on Wednesday, but since I'm still so behind with my Summer reads, and we are already in Autumn, I decided to post three books this week, so that way I'm going to be able to catch up with them. 
I already made a Small Wrap-up on the booktube channel, in case you prefert to watch it, still, I'm going to make a post for every book individually. 


This timeless classic is a poignant tale of Mary, a lonely orphaned girl sent to a Yorkshire mansion at the edge of a vast lonely moor. At first, she is frightened by this gloomy place until she meets a local boy, Dickon, who's earned the trust of the moor's wild animals, the invalid Colin, an unhappy boy terrified of life, and a mysterious, abandoned garden...
Rating: ★★★
I remember the first time I saw the movie, it was simply beautiful. So after so many years, and years in which I didn’t see the movie again, I finally got this precious book, which was so much better, so full of details that I can’t even start telling you how much I enjoyed it. It gave me a warm sensation, and believe me, Dickon became one of my favorite characters of all times, and here I’m pretty sure the movie didn’t capture the true essence of Dickon from the book, even when the movie is so beautiful, but no, the book, the book was beyond words.

Highly recommended to all of you, and if you like to have your own copy, you can have it here. 
Movie Trailer:
And a Small Wrap-up which include a review of The Secret Garden:

Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

No comments:

Post a Comment

follow me on

quote of the month

quote of the month

Share some Love