Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Bad Beginning / Book Review


Rating: «««««

The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket, is the first book of the saga A Series of Unfortunate Events.
The story stars with the Baudeliere siblings, Violet, Klaus and Sunny playing on the beach. Violet was a very talented inventor for her short age, Klaus was an avid reader and Sunny...well, Sunny loved to bite things.
It was a foggy morning when the life of the Baudeliere siblings changed. Mr. Poe, an old friend of their parents walks to them and informed them that their house had been destroyed by a fire, and that their parents died inside it.
But the Baudeliere siblings were about to discover that their life would change from bad to worse when they are sent to live with a distant relative, Count Olaf, who wants the fortune of the Baudeliere family.

The book is pretty short, but the reading is really enjoyable. I love the fact that the author used words that could be difficult for kids, but at the same time, they came with an explanation about the meaning focused on the story.

I enjoyed the fact that this is not a happy story -which remind me a little bit to the little mermaid or the Grimm's fairy tales- still, it has a beautiful message.

I highly recommend this book, like I mentioned, is pretty short and beautiful book. 



 Disclaimer:  I'm affiliate to The Book Depository, so I got a small percentage from every purchase you make through my links, if you want to support my bookshelf project by buying this book, please use the link down below


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

2 comments:

  1. ooo, I might give this a book a go, thanks for the sharing!! X

    icing-for-joy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Heather!

      Delete

follow me on

quote of the month

quote of the month

Share some Love