Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Anne Frank: Not Silent


“I need to have something besides a husband and children to devote myself to! I don’t want to have lived in vain like most people. I want to be useful or bring enjoyment to all people, even those I’ve never met. I want to go on living even after my death! And that’s why I’m so grateful to God  for having given me this gift, which I can use to develop myself and to express all that’s inside me!

When I write I can shake off my cares. The sorrow disappears, my spirits are revived! But, and that’s a big question, will I ever be able to write something great, will I ever become a journalist or a writer?
I hope so, oh, I hope so very much, because writing allows me to record everything, all my thoughts, ideals and fantasies.”


– 5th April, 1944, ‘Diary of A Young Girl’

We all know about her, the girl who wrote one of the most famous diaries of history, the girl who 70 years ago died after suffering one of the cruelest fates humankind had faced. With her diary, Anne not only left a legacy, she left behind a ray of hope to all of those who are suffering, to all of those who are in the darkness in some way, just like she was. Today instead of keep a minute of silence for her, join the campaign #notsilent recording a video  reading one quote from her diary, the duration of the video must be of one minute or simply sharing the campaign in honor to Anne, in honor to this amazing girl who opened her heart to all of us.
For more information of the campaign  or to download some quotes suggested for your video please click HERE

Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

No comments:

Post a Comment

follow me on

quote of the month

quote of the month

Share some Love