Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Gods of Egypt / Movie Review


A few days ago I went to see Gods of Egypt with mommy dearest and Little sister.

To this day, I’m still not so sure how I feel about it.
On one hand, I enjoyed the movie, on the other, I must give an honest review of it, because that’s what I do here, so I’m kind of divided, but I must be objective.
Gods of Egypt was directed by Alex Proyas, and in the leading roles we have Gerard Butler, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Brenton Thwaites, Elodie Yung.

The story follows the powerful god Horus (Nikolaj) who is going to ascend to the throne, it’s the coronation day, and all the people are paying their respects to him. Other Gods arrived to do the same, is a big celebration, and the arrival of the god Set was expected, since he is Horus uncle.
But Set had other plans, he usurps the throne, and put the survival mankind in a merciless chaos and conflict.

A mortal named Bek (Brenton) follow his true love advice and help Horus to recover at least one of his eyes which were taken by Set. Both start a battle against Set, for personal reasons.



So the premise can sound interesting, but the reality is that the movie is not. The budged was huge, and that’s what the movie is, a massive production, but nothing else.

The characters became annoying after a few minutes. I love Nikolaj, don’t get me wrong, but his character was terrible, I couldn’t feel anything from him, no passion, no loss, nothing.
Gerard was more of the same. The Goddess of love was maybe the only good thing in the favor of the movie, and just almost at the end, because you don’t believe on her either.
The dialog is the so predictable, is sass after sass, every single character has a remarkable retort, which make the film like a big laugh without being funny.
I enjoyed the film like I said because Gerard and Nikolaj omg two hot men in the same movie, but a pretty face and a super nice body don’t make a good movie.


So I gave this movie just one star rating, and certainly I wouldn’t recommend it. 

Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

No comments:

Post a Comment

follow me on

quote of the month

quote of the month

Share some Love