Friday, November 11, 2016

a little light in the darkest times...


I had schedule quite a different post for Today, been in my mode "blogging for real, be more consistent, not a hobby something more". But that can wait for Monday. I'm not a stranger to human pain, and since Wednesday I've been reading tweets over tweets about disappointment, sadness, betray, even fear.
A few months ago was Bretix, this week were the US elections, people, specially young people are so confuse, so afraid, and terribly sad.


These are hard times for dreamers...

People who are part of minorities, who feel that for their color of their skin, their sexual orientation, their nationality are going to be marked, who are living in an uncertainty.
Was I surprised for Trump winning? some kids on the school I work asked. My answer was NO. I live in a country in which politics do what they please without considering the people, the ones who gave them their power. Was I surprised for Trumps winning? No, because since the moment Trump came to visit the president of my country, I thought so here comes the next president. Why he came to visit? just to have a little chat?, I think not. It was like a foreseen of what was coming.
I'm not stupid, I know that even when I don't live in the US, this is going to affect all of us. I know that even when as usual, the typical mexican sense of humor started making jokes about the wall, and how we are going to be ok since we are going to be on the other side of the wall, which BTW I don't think is funny, people are worried, people are scared because we don't know how bad things are going to turn.

Just a little light in the darkest times, something to cheer us up a little bit

I feel sad, but I don't want to feel that way anymore. Last night my mom was watching a movie, it's an old movie, but man, it hit me so hard, it's a movie that you can find at least once per month on tv, but last night came in the right moment.
So I thought yes, maybe this is a stupid idea, but maybe it's exactly what we all need, just a little light in the darkest times, something to cheer us up a little bit, something that remind us that we are human, that we are here to make the difference, and we can accomplish all we want no matter how bad or wrong our goverments are.


The movie in question was Pay it Forward, did you remember it? how this little kid started a movement that he thought was a failure, but then people prove him wrong, because he inspired not only the people who was close to him, but hundreds, if not thousands of people.




This movie is a reminder that we, the people can make a difference, we can be the change that is so much needed.


And as a bonus, a movie that never failed to cheer me up, maybe for the colors, maybe for the simplicity, maybe the moment in which she takes the arm of the blind man and narrates what she sees in their walk, maybe it's just the beauty that a simple girl can make her life and others better just by working on that goal.






These are hard times for dreamers, indeed, but for that reason, we should dream harder, and work harder for make those dreams a reality.
Sendind you love and good vibes and positive thoughts!


No comments:

Post a Comment

follow me on

quote of the month

quote of the month

Share some Love