Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Jane Eyre / Book Review



Jane Eyre  had been on my radar for many, many years.  I always heard good things about it, how it was a reflection of independence and feminism. How the heroin was a role model, and so on.
I saw the movie with Michael Fassbender, Mia Wasikoska, Judi Dench and Sally Hawkins, and truly enjoyed the story. While I found Jane a very calm figure but strong one thanks to the interpretation of Mia, I couldn’t help myself to fell in love with Mr. Rochester (for obvious reasons).

So of course I bought the book, in the pretty edition that I wanted, and waited for the right moment, which came a couple of months ago, when Sarai from… shared a tweet asking who would like to buddy read Jane Eyre with her, so of course I signed up myself, it was the perfect opportunity, and I've never did a buddy read before.


The Book follows the story of an orphan girl called Jane Eyre and  how from her sad and hard childhood, she become a governess and found her happy ending, of course  portraying the struggles that she had to endure, not only physical but also moral and spiritual. How from a feisty girl she grew up to a mature and more centered, independent woman.
Or at least that’s what the movie in some points and the back of the book tried to sell you, the reality was a little bit different.
I must said that while reading the book I experienced a different sensation than watching the movie. Jane Eyre in my humble opinion lacked the essence that was promised in reviews and descriptions of the book.






I gave the book 2 stars, and If you want to hear more about it, you can check  the book talk I made, because I don't want to spoile the experience of reading the book for you here, so I leave the video in case you want to check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

follow me on

quote of the month

quote of the month

Share some Love